Brij Singh started his PhD studies in our Department.
Andrzej Górszczyk defended with honors his PhD thesis. Congratulations!
Artur Marciniak started his PhD studies in our Department.
On behalf of the two Institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences: Institute of Geophysics (IG PAS) and Institute of Geological Sciences (IGS PAS), we would like to extend an invitation to participate in the 18th edition of the biennial International Symposium on Deep Seismic Profiling of the Continents and their Margins – SEISMIX 2018.
Please visit Symposium webpage seimix2018 for updates.
Michał Chamarczuk and Miłosz Mężyk started his PhD studies in our Department.
The data acquisition stage of the COGITO-MIN project took place from early August to late September 2016 in the vicinity of the Kylylahti Cu-Zn-Au mine in Polvijärvi, eastern Finland. Our Team members took part in all the components of the surface data acquisition, which consisted of:
- a novel 3D passive seismic interferometry experiment in which 1000 seismic receivers in a 3.5 x 3 km grid were left to record ambient noise sources for 4.5 weeks, with the aim to develop a cost-effective method for mapping the continuity of ore-bearing rock units in the initial stages of exploration targeting,
- two approximately 6- km long high-resolution seismic reflection 2D profiles tailored to accommodate full-waveform inversion for improved seismic velocity model building and exploration targeting,
- a seismic reflection 3D survey utilizing the passive seismic grid and a “random” distribution of active seismic sources.
To see photo gallery click >>>HERE<<<
Marta Mulińska has joined our team.
The editors of Interpretation invite papers on the topic Applications of full-waveform inversion for publication in the November 2016 special section.
Encouraged contributions include but are not limited to the following:
- case stories of FWI applications both in marine and land environments
- case stories illustrating value of FWI in exploration projects
- applications of FWI in near-surface investigations including surface waves inversion
- impact of acquisition parameters on FWI performance
- implementing QC procedures during FWI
- multiparameter FWI — case stories and developments
For more information click >>>HERE<<<
The team is going offshore! M. Malinowski will participate in the research cruise of the German research vessel “Maria S. Merian” within a project “Salt- and ice load induced tectonics in the North German Basin and the Baltica-Avalonia Suture Zone” (BalTec)
Wojciech Gajek started his PhD studies in our Departament.
Post-doc position available! More details >>>HERE<<< .