Michał Chamarczuk and Miłosz Mężyk started his PhD studies in our Team.
The data acquisition stage of the COGITO-MIN project took place from early August to late September 2016 in the vicinity of the Kylylahti Cu-Zn-Au mine in Polvijärvi, eastern Finland. Our Team members took part in all the components of the surface data acquisition, which consisted of:
- a novel 3D passive seismic interferometry experiment in which 1000 seismic receivers in a 3.5 x 3 km grid were left to record ambient noise sources for 4.5 weeks, with the aim to develop a cost-effective method for mapping the continuity of ore-bearing rock units in the initial stages of exploration targeting,
- two approximately 6- km long high-resolution seismic reflection 2D profiles tailored to accommodate full-waveform inversion for improved seismic velocity model building and exploration targeting,
- a seismic reflection 3D survey utilizing the passive seismic grid and a “random” distribution of active seismic sources.
To see photo gallery click >>>HERE<<<
Marta Mulińska has joined our team.
The editors of Interpretation invite papers on the topic Applications of full-waveform inversion for publication in the November 2016 special section.
Encouraged contributions include but are not limited to the following:
- case stories of FWI applications both in marine and land environments
- case stories illustrating value of FWI in exploration projects
- applications of FWI in near-surface investigations including surface waves inversion
- impact of acquisition parameters on FWI performance
- implementing QC procedures during FWI
- multiparameter FWI — case stories and developments
For more information click >>>HERE<<<
The team is going offshore! M. Malinowski will participate in the research cruise of the German research vessel “Maria S. Merian” within a project “Salt- and ice load induced tectonics in the North German Basin and the Baltica-Avalonia Suture Zone” (BalTec)
Wojciech Gajek started his PhD studies in our Departament.
Post-doc position available! More details >>>HERE<<< .